|Playable races (skills):|
|Capital city||Castanica of Ostgarath|
"Cunning, fiery, and ready to seize their destiny."
Castanics suffer great oppression and prejudice for allying themselves with the demon Roak, who betrayed them and destroyed their homeworld. As a result, they've lost their trust of outsiders and decided to do things by themselves instead. The humans and amani helped them get into the Valkyon Federation, but only after they were free from the demon's grasp.
Official description Edit
The castanic race is famous for the skill of its artisans and crafters. They are also adept merchants—cunning negotiators who love the interplay of bargaining, and strive to come out on top in every deal."
History Edit"The devas were children of Zuras. After she was sealed away by Titus in the war against the giants, Balder offered them to Lok, a fellow craftsman. He changed their name, and they served him until his fall. Since that time, the castanics have forged their own destiny, lived by their own dark code of honor, and carved out a place in history.
Betrayed into creating an artifact that caused the death of the beloved god Balder, most castanics have spurned the gods entirely, believing them not to be worth the trouble they cause, and that those who depend upon the gods are too cowardly to seize their own destiny. Some, however, seduced by Lakan's promises of power, have followed the evil god into Northern Arun, intent on reviving the ancient and bloody name: devas."
Castanics today Edit
"Already known as a fiery-tempered race, castanics have found an uneasy niche in the Valkyon Federation. Council decisions against their wishes frequently find castanic factions acting on their own. They take what they can, though they never steal, and they look out for each other.
Castanics in the Federation are willing to work together for the common good, but only so far as the common good doesn't take too long or come at too high a price. They’re perfectly willing and able to go their own way if necessary."
Racial traits Edit
- - Increases movement speed during combat by 30 points, but reduces your knockdown resistance by 20%. Effect is cancelled if the user is knocked down. Casting duration is instant, effect duration is 3 minutes, and cooldown duration is 30 minutes.
- - Teleports to Kaiator. Casting duration is 5.5 seconds and cooldown duration is 1 hour.
- - Increases critical hit rate by 1% when attacking a target from the back of the enemy.
- - Decreases falling damage by 50%.
- - Increases crafting speed for weaponsmithing by 10%.